Before it was acquired by Microsoft, ZeniMax Media, the parent company of studios like Bethesda Game Studios and id Software, was working on remasters of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and a new entry in the Doom franchise, according to new documents revealed as part of FTC v. Microsoft. The games were included in a July 2020 Microsoft presentation about the then-potential ZeniMax acquisition.
Unannounced games in the presentation include:
- The Oblivion remaster (originally set for fiscal year 2022)
- Doom Year Zero and DLC (fiscal year 2023) and a second set of DLC (fiscal year 2024)
- The Fallout 3 remaster (fiscal year 2024)
- A sequel to Ghostwire: Tokyo (fiscal year 2024)
- Dishonored 3 (fiscal year 2024)
There are also a…